Diploma Holders Can Now Become Yantrik at Indian Coast Guard: Apply before 2016 Feb 8
Coast Guard has invited applications from three year diploma holders in various streams for the post of Yantriks at Indian Coast Guard. Last date for submitting the applications via online is 08 February 2016. Here is everything you need to know about the vacancy and instructions to complete the application procedure.
The India Coast Guard
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone. The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India as an independent Armed force of India . It operates under the Ministry of Defense.
The Coast Guard works in close cooperation with the Indian Navy, the Department of Fisheries, the Department of Revenue(Customs) and the Central and State police forces.*
Yantrik at Indian Coast Guard
Yantrik means technician. Yantriks are responsible for operating and maintaining mechanical, electrical or aeronautical equipment and systems on board the Coast Guard vessels and aircraft. Yantriks at Indian Coast Guard are trained along with Indian Naval sailors at the naval training establishment INS Chilka. All training undertaken by Coast Guard Yantriks is the same as those undertaken by sailors in the Indian Navy. All Yantriks are trained in operation of weapons systems in cases of emergency.
Applicants should have secured a three years Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent branch recognised / Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate.
However, 5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given to:
- Outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship / Interstate National Championship.
- Wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.
Age Limit For Applicants
Applicants should have a minimum age of 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. they should be born between 01 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998.
Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates.
Salary And Additional Benefits
Pay Scale for Yantrik at Indian Coast Guard is Rs.5200-20200 along with Rs.2400/- Grade pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents as per Government orders in force.
- Government’s accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave travel concession for self, family and dependents parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of Rs.25 Lakhs at a premium of Rs.2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme & Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How To Apply
Applications can be submitted Online from 02 Feb to 08 Feb 2016 till 1700 Hrs. For Online application, Candidates are requested to logon www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
Select the advertisement for Yantrik 02/2016_batch [Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering] and select the post applied from any one of the following: –
- Yantrik Technical [Mechanical]
- Yantrik Technical [Electrical]
- Yantrik Technical [Electronics and Telecommunication]
Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed. Proceed to fill up the application (All Asterik (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the submit button.
|Mumbai||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony ,Mumbai – 30|
|Chennai||Indian Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex,
Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road,
Royapuram, Chennai -13
|Kolkata||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata, WB -700 157|
|Kochi||Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No-4, Kalvatty Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala- 682 004|
|Visakhapatnam||Indian Coast Guard Enclave, Behind Port High School, Malkapuram, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-530 011|
|Gandhi Nagar||Coast Guard Region (NW), Udyog Bhawan,
7th Floor, Block No -12, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat – 382 010
|Noida||Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida, A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies, Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, UP-201 301|
|Paradip||Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No-7, Badapadia, Paradip
Orissa – 754 142
Based on the applications submitted, the applicants will be sorted center-wise. The test will be conducted in April 2016. The selection procedure is as follows.
- Applicants will be short listed based on their performance in their respective diploma courses.
- The written tests will be objective type. The questions paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning aptitude & English.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 1-2 days.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who pass the written tests. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory. The PFT will consist as under:-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups.
- 10 Push ups.
- Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Note: The candidates physically challenged are not eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The All India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jul 2016.
To know more about the selection process of Yantrik at Indian Coast Guard, you can visit the following link and download the brochure in PDF: http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/PDF/Advertisement/YTK_216.pdf
Being a part of the Indian Coast Guard is a choice. A choice only a very few people have the courage and dedication to make. So, if you want to be a part of the Armed wings, this can be your chance. All the best.
If you have any queries or suggestions, fell free to ask by posting a comment below. We will reply to you as soon as possible. Subscribe to our site and follow us on Facebook to get more updates on job opportunities and career guidance.