iDAT 2016 : Everything You Need To Know
What is iDAT 2016?
iDAT 2016 is the entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Art and Design(IIAD), New Delhi for the selection of candidates to various courses offered by the institute during the academic year 2016-’17. iDAT 2016 stands for IIAD Design Aptitude Test 2016.
Courses Offered by IIAD
Indian Institute of Art and Design is a pioneer institution in the country which offers a number of design courses. The courses offered at IIAD Delhi campus are:
- BA(Hons) in Fashion Design
- BA(Hons) in Communication Design
- BA(Hons) in Interior Architecture & Design
All the courses are of 4 year duration.
Elligibility Criteria for iDAT 2016
- Applicants must have passed the CBSE/ISC/IB (or any other equivalent board) 10+2 examination in any discipline.
- Students who have recently appeared for the examination and are awaiting their results may also apply.
Students who have successfully completed the first year of their design degree/diploma program from a nationally or internationally recognized Design Institute can opt for lateral entry scheme and join the second year classes. Admission will be based on personal interview and portfolio.
Selection of candidates for the design courses offered by IIAD involves a two-step process.
- Candidates must successfully clear the iDAT entrance exam.
- Selected candidates will have to attend a personal interview and portfolio assessment in front of an elite panel of Art and Design experts.
Candidates who have cleared the NATA can skip the iDAT entrance exam and if they are found to be eligible, can attend the interview and portfolio assessment directly.
Important Dates To Remember
|Application Forms Available||
12th October 2015
|Last Date of Submission of Complete Application Forms at IIAD (online & offline)||
30th April 2016
|IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT + Portfolio + Interview)||
|Commencement of Session||
Some Relevant Information
- iDAT has 10 test centers across India. They are Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow and Patna.
- Candidates appearing in iDAT should bring the following things:
- A Pen or Pencil
- Dry Colors
- A ruler
- A glue stick
- A pair of scissors
- During the interview, your knowledge in basic art and design concepts as well as your industry awareness will be evaluated.
- All the candidates are requested to submit a well prepared portfolio. Portfolio carries a 50% weightage in the second stage of selection.
- Duration of iDAT 2016 will be 2 hours.
How To Apply
Online applications can be done through IIAD’s online application portal www.applytoiiad.com
After furnishing the required information, an application fee of Rs. 1000 must be paid to IIIAD via net banking or debit/credit cards.
There are two ways for doing this. You can download the application form from the website www.applytoiiad.com and the cash can be paid through a Demand Draft in favor of Teamwork Education Foundation, payable at New Delhi.
Another option is to get the application forms from selected outlets by paying the application fee of Rs.1000/- in advance. Forms can be procured from IIAD Campus, B-26 Okhla Phase 1, New Delhi -110020 and ISBF Campus, 15A Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi-110024.
The completed application form may either be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the following address Admissions Team, IIAD, B-26, Okhla Phase 1, New Delhi-110020 at the earliest.
Hope we have covered all the details about iDAT 2016 in this article. If you have any doubts about IIAD and iDAT 2016 application procedure, feel free to ask us by dropping a comment below. We will be happy to help you. All the best.